ALAYO OGUNBIYI joined Abdulai, Taiwo & Co. in 1992 has been a partner of A. T. & Co. since 2001. Admitted Nigeria Bar, 1992.
Education: Educated at University of Lagos (LL.B. Honours, 1991); Nigerian Law School (Certificate of the Council of Legal Education, 1992).
Languages: ENGLISH (excellent in speaking, reading and writing)
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria; Member, Nigerian Bar Association; Member, International Bar Association.
COUNTRIES OF WORK EXPERIENCE: Nigeria
LANGUAGES: ENGLISH (excellent in speaking, reading and writing).
On-the-job training and experience is complimented with external training programmes, including:
* Development Bank of South Africa and Agence Francaise de Development: “Private Public Partnerships and Project Finance Training” 2008
* Jeff & O’Brien: “Public Private Partnership – Concession and Financing of Infrastructure Projects”; 2008
* Shelter-Afrique: “Private Public Partnerships for Housing”; Algiers, 2007
* Regal Exchange: “Pan African Project Finance & Concession Finance”; 2005;
* United Nations Institute of Training & Research (UNITAR): “Capital Markets Development in Emerging Markets”; 2004
* Lagos Business School: “Financing the Real Estate Industry in Nigeria” 2005;
* Securities and Exchange Commission “Public Offering of Securities”; 2003;
* PSTG Personal Skills Training Group “Motivation and Teamwork”; 2006;
* Association of Issuing Houses of Nigeria (AIHN): “Mergers & Acquisition as Tool for Economic Growth”; 2005;
* International Bar Association: “Developing Energy & Mining Projects in Emerging Markets”; 2006
In-House Training Applications of Euromoney Self-Study Work Books:
* “Project Finance: Practical Case Studies – Power & Water”; 2005
* Project Finance: Practical Case Studies – Resources and Infrastructure”; 2005
She is the Chair of Banking and Finance practice of the firm.
Ms. Ogunbiyi was admitted into the firm of Abdulai, Taiwo & Co. in 1992, and was elevated to the status of Senior Associate in 1999, and Partner in 2002.
Capital Market; Securities Project Finance; Real Property transactions; Banking & Finance; Bond Issues; Privatisation; Immigration; Corporate/Commercial (including M&A); Tax;
Alayo is rated by LAW BUSINESS RESEARCH LTD., of U. K. in Who’s Who Legal Nigeria as a Leader in Capital Market and Corporate Finance. www.who’swholegal.com
* Alayo is rated in “Who’sWho Legal Nigeria” 2018, as a Leader in Capital Market and Corporate Finance;
* Alayo is rated as a leader in Banking and Finance by “Chambers Global-Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business”, 2018;
* Alayo is rated as a leading lawyer in Banking and Finance by;
“Legal 500(EMEA)”, 2017.
* Contributing Author to “Doing Business in 2010” published ne IFC-World Bank.;
* Contributing Author of the NIGERIA Country report in “Investing Across Borders” (World Bank);
* “Shares Buy-Back An Overview being a paper presented at the Nigeria Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, Annual Conference, 2008;
* Co-Author of the NIGERIA Country report in the International compendium titled “Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers” ISBN 1-85 333–832-X, published by Kluwer Law International.
Secretary, J. K. LADIPO FOUNDATION
Member, MUSICAL SOCIETY OF NIGERIA [MUSON]