LL.B, LL.M (London), FCIArb; Notary Public
Joint Managing Partner
AKIN OSINBAJO was the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice of the Ogun State Government of Nigeria (July, 2003 – May, 2011). He joined A.T. & Co. in 1987 and became a partner in 1993, Admitted Nigeria Bar, 1986.
Education: Educated at University of London (LL.B Honours, 1984; LL.M., 1985); Nigerian Law School (Certificate of the Council of Legal Education, 1986).
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIOANL SOCIETIES
Senior Advocate of Nigeria (S.A.N.); Member of The Body of Benchers; Solicitor & Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria; Member, Nigerian Bar Association; Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Member, International Bar Association; Notary Public.
COUNTRIES OF WORK EXPERIENCE: Nigeria
LANGUAGES: ENGLISH (excellent in speaking, reading and writing).
Energy, Banking, insolvency, Commercial Transactions, Litigation Audit
and Civil Litigation. Akin Osinbajo has represented the firm in major
cross-border commercial litigation and also assisted several international
and local clients in analyzing, evaluating and advising on various claims
and litigation, and rendering reports on the prospects and options available.
He has handled several litigation relating to commercial transactions, with
local and cross-border implications.
* Senior Advocate of Nigeria (S.A.N)
* Member of The Body of Benchers (2017 – Date);
* Life Bencher (2018 – Date);
* Committee Member, Body of Senior Advocates of Nigeria (2017 - );
* Non-Executive Director, FBN Quest Merchant Bank (2016 -);
* Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice of the Ogun State Government
of Nigeria (2003-2011)
* Resource contributor to “Rule of Law Index Report 2011” (by the World Justice Project);
* An Evaluation of the Legal Procedures for Recalling Bank Facilities (Overdrafts, Syndicated Loans, Leases, Etc.)” - being a Paper delivered at the Workshop on Effective Management of the Legal Function in Banks organised by Financial Institutions Training Centre on the 9th to 11th November, 1999;
* “The Nigerian Legal Environment and Banking Practice - Which Way Forward?” - being a Paper delivered at the Workshop on Effective Management of the Legal Function in Banks organised by Financial Institutions Training Centre on the 9th to 11th November, 1999;
* Contributing Author of the NIGERIA country report in the international compendium titled: “International Corporate Law” ISBN 1-58762-221-1 published by Aspatore Books;
* Contributing Author to the book titled: “Establishing a Business in Nigeria” ISBN 978 30065 17 published by Abdulai, Taiwo & Co.;
* Contributing Author to the book titled: “Registration and Regulation of Foreign Investments and Enterprises, ISBN 978 30065 76 published by Abdulai, Taiwo & Co.
* Contributing Author to the book titled Privatization of Government Enterprises by Tender and Public Offer, ISBN 978 30065 84 published by Abdulai, Taiwo & Co.
Joint Managing Partner and Chair of the Dispute Resolution
practice of ABDULAI, TAIWO & CO; SOLICITORS;
2003 - 2011
Appointed the Attorney-General
and Commissioner for
Justice of the Ogun State
Government of Nigeria, July 2003 – May 2011;
Partner and Head of the Commercial Litigation Department
ABDULAI, TAIWO & CO. SOLICITORS;
1987 – 1993 - Associate member of the law firm of ABDULAI, TAIWO &CO.
1986 – 1987 - Associate Counsel in Chambers , Messrs. WOLE OLANIPEKUN & CO.;
State Counsel, Office of the Director of Civil Litigation, Ministry
Justice, Kwara State of Nigeria.
Registrar, Anglican Communion of Remo Diocese of Nigeria
Pastor, Fountain of Life Church
Member, Ikoyi Club 1938